lots of little drawings in my heart...

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Did you ever have that one thing you always wanted to do/be, but never felt like it was something you could do? Even though I went to art school, graduated with my bachelors in fine art, and worked in an art related field after graduation I always saw myself more as a photographer than an artist. Which makes sense because that's what I studied. I think I entered art (or photography) school at an awkward time. It was just when most people were transitioning between digital photography and film... and I stuck with my film, but not 35mm or SLR, I shot with an old twin lens camera from the 30's and used 120 film. In hindsight, this made no sense professionally.

If I could go back now, though and change everything I would still do some photography classes but I would definitely major in drawing/painting or textiles.

This is just a long winded way of saying, I wish I could be a traditional artist. What I would really love to do is write and illustrate children's books. According to good 'ol google though this is the hardest field to break into and I might as well give up now and jump off of a building.

Instead, lately, I've been drawing. I draw these little fellows in my sketchbook, take a photo of it with my iphone (haha) and then color them in using photoshop. I'm really loving it and kind of desperate to take a drawing or painting class. I'll be 28 this year and maybe it's time to admit this is what I'd really like to do.








2 comments:

lil May 3, 2012 at 8:18 AM  

I love them all! The snail is my most favourite <3

little sleep May 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM  

Love them, they are adorable. They'd make great prints : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP