Lani's lunches, lately.

Sunday, March 18, 2012


I've been taking photos of Lani eating her lunch lately, mostly because I'm worried she isn't getting the variety that she needs. As a vegan, raising a vegetarian who I hope will be a future vegan as well, this is something I worry about often. I know I am giving her a really healthy start to life, but I want to make sure she's getting all the nutrients she needs. Here's a few lunches from last week. Maybe I should call these lazy lunches, because they are pretty lacklustre at the moment!

veggie burger with ketchup, sliced red grapes and green beans.


boiled pasta with vegan butter, sliced grapes, sliced cucumber and pink soya milk.

Grilled cheese sandwich with sliced cucumber. I ran out of veg that day, so she also had a wee snack after this.

I've decided it's my goal to spice up her lunches. I feel she eats a pretty rounded diet, but I am clearly the boring lunch lady!






2 comments:

Tracy March 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM  

looks like she has lots of variety to me!!

Kristina March 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM  

I'm raising a mostly vegan daughter, vegetarian because that's what I am, vegan because that's what her body can handle.

I struggle with her diet as well. I feel like I feed her the SAME THING all the time. Mostly plain steamed or sauteed veggies and fruit. Occasionally a (not so good) frozen waffle or pancake, whole wheat bread or pasta with preserves or vegan butter, and crackers. BORING. Right?

I'm trying to get more actually recipes that she can eat. Last night I cooked some delicious lentil soup that she devoured. But other than that, it's mostly the plain stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP